NICCS is an online resource for government, industry, academia, and the general public to learn about cybersecurity awareness, education, careers and workforce development opportunities.
Why do we need NICCS?
There is a lot of cybersecurity information on the web. However, in many cases, it is hard to tell how credible the information housed on those websites actually is. NICCS serves as that resource to provide the nation with credible and real-time information related to cybersecurity.
What are some of the key features on NICCS?
The Portal includes a plethora of information, including information about:
- Awareness resources, such as a Cybersecurity How-To Guides
- Education resources including curricula, multimedia, and reference materials for teachers, a listing of cybersecurity degree programs, scholarship opportunities, and information on cyber competitions;
- Training resources, including the interactive training catalog; and
- Careers resources, including career roadmaps, which show how to enter and progress in a cybersecurity career.
The goal of NICCS is to provide a single online resource for anything related to cybersecurity.
Security Conference Search Engine with Call for Paper (CFP) Function
The SECurity Organizer and Reporter Exchange (SECore) is a website that offers a listing of current and future security conferences and Call for Papers (CFPs). The SECore is a rather extensive resource for those seeking conferences but more importantly advance notification of CFPs to submit.
- Academic – Paper &/or Presentation Submission Opportunities
- Developing Networking Opportunities
- Potential Employers attend
Employment Opportunities (Located on Fountainhead College Job Board)
- Students can login to their Fountainhead College Moodle account and self-enroll in the “Job Board.”
- Once enrolled, students can access the following resources:
- Updated Resumes Job Postings: Rad Pro, Entry-Level IT, IT & Network Security, Electronic Technology & Electronic Wireless, Health Information Technology/Management, Programming & Application Development, Unrelated General
- Job Seeker Resources/Handouts
- LinkedIn Tips & Resources
AFCEA International, established in 1946, is a nonprofit organization serving its members by providing a forum for the ethical exchange of information, and dedicated to increasing knowledge through the exploration of issues relevant to its members in information technology, communications and electronics for the defense, homeland security and intelligence communities
Starting a new career? Looking for a job? Need to update your resume? (Brought to you by the Tennessee Electronic Library)
Categories under the Learning Express Library
Elementary, Middle, High School Resources
College Student Life Skills (Includes Personal Finance, Public Speaking, Skill Improvement, Test Taking)
Job Search & Workplace Skills
Jobs & Careers
Skill Building for Adults
Recursos para Hispanohablantes
USAJOBS – The Federal Government’s Official Job Site Possible to locate different agencies and departments and search for available job openings.
Other Search Employment Search Engine Sites: